Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default You seen one bag of mortar, seen'em all??

Existential Angst wrote:

Along these lines (and of a previous post), I bought two different
types of grout, sanded and unsanded. Sanded is like a fine mortar
(iiuc), and unsanded is, I presume, very fine particles that don't
quite qualify as sand. The former is for gaps 1/8 to 1/2", the
latter up to 1/8". So that should cover various slate-type, step
repairs, with fine-ish cracks.
Someone had suggested thinset, but the cart was already getting hard
to push....

You should have put back the two bags of grout - neither of which is what
you need - and gotten the thinset.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net