Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slope on bath drain pipe.

Michael Chare wrote:
I plan to install a new upstairs bathroom toilet, basin and bath. All
three items will be on the same exterior wall. The basin is between the
bath and the toilet.

If I connect the bath drain to the toilet soil drain pipe, outside just
below the bath, a distance of about 8 foot, how much slope do I need?

Is it OK to connect the basin drain to the middle of the above pipe or
should I have a separate connection to the soil pipe? The latter option
would certainly prevent any water from the basin trying to enter the bath.

at least 1:100 1:60 is better, and more is OK but watch out for TOO big
a flow actually sucking the U bend an trap dry. Or add an air
admittance valve to it

If you can guarantee that only water is going down it and not solids
that might collect it needs no slope at all. It can even go up - its
just another U bend then :-)

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.