Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Pipe and brake fluid

JOOI do you intend to report this modification to your insuror?

Would you need to?

Most insurance companies require you to tell them about any
modifications or non-standard accessories. They often exclude from this
sound equipment and immobilisers. OTOH they may well want to know about
DVD players and satnavs (which affect eg the risks of theft from the
car). If you don't tell them they may not be able to deny a claim (if
the claim has nothign to do with the modification). But IIRC the
general principle of insurance is "utmost good faith" and this applies
before and after the contract - in other words you have a duty to tell
them about anything which might affect the risks they have insured.

I don't know enough about cars to say what if any effect a secondary
reserve for clutch fluid might have on risks. It did occur to me that a
load more hydraulkic fluid under the bonnet where it gets warm (at
least) and where, if it leaks, it can hit really hot metal might just
possibly be seen as an additional risk
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid