Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_2_] Michael Chare[_2_] is offline

Default Slope on bath drain pipe.

I plan to install a new upstairs bathroom toilet, basin and bath. All
three items will be on the same exterior wall. The basin is between the
bath and the toilet.

If I connect the bath drain to the toilet soil drain pipe, outside just
below the bath, a distance of about 8 foot, how much slope do I need?

Is it OK to connect the basin drain to the middle of the above pipe or
should I have a separate connection to the soil pipe? The latter option
would certainly prevent any water from the basin trying to enter the bath.

--
Michael Chare