Posted to uk.d-i-y
Garry Garry is offline

Default Foundations for garage

On Wednesday, 12 September 2012 11:40:54 UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:

We built our current garage a while back its a single skin breaze block

rendered wall. We have Building Control for this.

We are wating to convert this to a habitable room and are going to brick

the outside. Can I just lay the new foundations along side the old at the

same depth

Short answer - ask your BCO.

Ours are generally very helpful and once you've paid the upfront charge they

will come out as many times as you like to look at stuff and tell you what

is O.K. by them.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Thanks for all the answers, I was thinking of sticking some 1/2 inch rebar into the old foundation and then pouring the concrete in to a few inches above the old concrete strip. Hopefully the rebar would look the concrete together.

What do you think.

Garry