Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Jet 1442 bowl extension

My lathe uses a left hand plate or chuck on the outboard end of the
spindle and the tool bar is on a stand.

I don't have the setup myself, but that is how it was designed.

Martin

On 9/4/2012 7:03 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article
,
Phil Crow wrote:

Long time no post, but I know I've seen an accessory system for the
Jet 1442 lathe for turning bowls. It essentially turns the headstock
at 90 degrees to the lathe bed and has a separate tool rest. What in
heck is this thing called, and where can I get one?

Outboard adapter.

A quick Google search suggests it should come with the lathe.