Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default chestnut

"Buddy" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 11:54:02 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

The chest is made from chestnut except for the side panels which are white
oak... I didn't have enough chestnut for the whole thing.

The wood came from a branch that came down during a storm. The tree was
planted by my wife's father and I made the box for her as a keepsake box
keep things in for our sons.

John,

Nice work, and the idea of the box being from the tree her father
planted makes it extra special. Wonderful idea.
Thanks for sharing.

Bdy

It was a fortunate mishap... worked out nicely!

John