Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?

In article , geoff
writes
In message , Roger Mills
writes
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I
stripped it for potentially re-usable parts.

Throw it away

I have three in the shed that I thought exactly the same thing 25 years
ago ...

My dad was a like minded collector of such things, one generation down
the line and I have half lifed it down from obsession to controllable
habit.

Fortunately at one time we had the same washing machine so when theirs
was scrapped, the (working) motor came to me as a spare and yes, I
successfully used it in mine when it croaked a couple of years back.

I think that was the only thing in the collection that didn't end up
getting tipped later. Don't start me on the tins of rusty fasteners that
would, "come in handy someday" . . .
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .