Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Nova DVR XP problem

Mac Davis wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 04:23:39 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Holy Crap! $500 for a board on a $2,000 lathe?

G. Ross wrote:
Turned on my lathe yesterday and it started the boot-up then gave the
error message, "NOT CONNECTED". So far have not been able to Get any
help from the company. Did reach Tim Geist who told me he no longer
works for Teknatool. Sent an email to their help desk but no reply.
Called the tech support number got an answering machine, no callback.

Anyone ever see this error before?

Finally got to talk to Michael Swerbensky who is the representative of
Teknatool. Very pleasant to talk to. He sent me a step-by-step guide
to removing the two circuit boards. They charge $75 to test them, and
this goes toward repairing the board or replacing it (them) if
necessary. A new board costs $500. Plan to tackle it tomorrow.

Actually they replaced the main board (weighs about 1-2 pounds), the
front control boards and the speed sensor board. He even wired my
remote stop leads directly to the new board instead of the plug prongs
like I had my old one, which were soldered to the connector prongs.
Actually the charge was $561.16. But it works again. The stuff
arrived Monday evening.

--

G. Ross