Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dave Balderstone[_3_] Dave Balderstone[_3_] is offline

Default Anybody using the Nova Cole Jaws or How to get a smooth bottom?

In article , G. Ross
wrote:

I like the idea of the machinable jaws. Also the OP talked about a
bottom recess rather than a tenon. I guess a blunt tailstock support
could be used in this case, though. I have used a 1" diameter disk
with a hole for the point for something like this.

Good idea. The problem with a point on the tailstock is that it acts as
a wedge and can easily split the piece when tightened.