Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Car tire balancing at home possible?

Is there a way to balance wheels at home without a computer baalancer? I have seen at harbor freight kits designed for motorcycle tires, bubble balancers and the like. I have heard bubble balancers are not acurate.

Does anyone have any idea on "good" redneck ways to do this? I dont live near a shop. (Amish country).

I have also heard of people putting some sort of rubber toy pellets inside a tire. Supposedly as the tire spins these pellets locate themselves at the appropriate places centrifically to balance the tire. I assume this is similar to the liquid tire balancer you can purchase for large trucks.

I appreciate any advice.