Forte Forte is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Richardson View Post
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:16:39 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

Dave Osborne wrote:

Telescopic Safety Brackets Safety Brackets for upright pianos

Those look like the business - thanks! Minimum fitting and big runner
wheels.

I bet they cost, but they'll be worth it

In the spirit of the group, build yourself a hover-piano... :-)

Our piano's early 1900s and weighs a flippin' ton - was a chore getting
it across the hardwood floors without damaging them. I re-christened it
the paino.

cheers

Jules

you have more than likely sorted this out but for future readers

if its a 1900 piano then it more than likely has front toes this type of piano needs a rear toe kit if it is to be moved a lot, as the piano is back heavy However, if you do not intend to move it a lot then stranded homa castors will do with rubber wheels.

Modern pianos with no toe need a cradle type castor for stability

Fixing new casters to a piano is not difficult However, Putting the wrong type of castors on a piano can be dangerous and if the piano is in a public place you have a duty of care to fill safety castors

there is a website that lists the different types of castors to fit to pianos not sure if I can post links to sites but if you type in Google

"What Type of castor do we need for our piano"

you should find it

Barrie