Dan Sloane

Default Lighting circuit - loop through in switch

I've recently started changing normal switches to dimmer switches in
my 1 ear-old home and noticed a very strange wiring technique....

Each of the switches I've changed so far have had the 'loop-through'
wiring done inside the wall switch. Most rooms are fitted with LV
halogen downlighters, so there's no ceiling rose - but surely the
looping should have been done in junction boxes.

Annoyingly, this means there's very little space in the back box for
the extended depth of a dimmer.

Can anyone please give me guidance whether this conforms to 16th
Edition regs, or if I should get another qualified electrician to
inspect.

Regards, Dan