Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default How much should a bathroom refit cost?

In message , John Williamson
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
chris French wrote:

Though I don't like the way acrylic baths scratch, no matter how
careful you are. I'm thinking of enamelled steel this time for the
bathroom I need to get done this year.

so you can have it chip, instead?

What would you suggest.

Acrylic or fibreglass, both of which scratch if you look at them too
hard, or enamelled steel or cast iron that chips with rather more
difficulty? Or something else entirely?

Exactly, acrylic unavoidably scratches, just from general use and
cleaning etc. and gets gradually dulled over the years.

Yeah sure you can chip and enamelled bath, but it's mcuh harder, you
have to actually drop something hard enough into it to chip it for
starters, and mostly people don't have things like that around their
bath. And chips can be quite nicely repaired nowadays.

--
Chris French