Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Need a part for delta jointer

On 7/9/2012 3:10 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Cancel that, I found 1 left in the US.. a call to my local service net
and they were able to locate one... The only one he says he can find..
I called and the shipping is horrendous but I'll have it in 2 -3 days.
UPS soaks you these days.

On 7/9/2012 3:35 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I broke my lever on my delta jointer 37-195 Part # 1346765
It shows as obsolete and not carried by any of the online parts houses I
have checked with so far.

Do any of you have an old jointer you destroyed that has the lever?
I can't change the depth of cut now without pulling on the wire manually.

Its white pot metal, so welding it won't work. JB Weld probably won't
hold...

I could go to a machine shop and have them make me one out of AL...
probably 200 for a $5 part.

Have it shipped in one of those flat rate boxes and or one from the P.O.
I suspect you are paying for the 2~3 day service rather than the
normal 6~7.