Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default OKeefe Merritt Stove won't heat up

On 7/3/2012 5:28 PM, Norm A. Brams wrote:
On 7/3/2012 2:16 AM, tjreiter wrote:
Oven pilot is on, but I cannot adjust temp. It is very low. It takes
about 2 hours to cook bisquits! Please help. I really want to keep my
stove as I bought it for my 1916 craftsman. The broiler does not come
on, but all the stove top parts work great, including griddle.

Thanks a mil!

Okeefe Merritt? Never heard of 'em and I'll bet you'll prolly never find
parts for it either.

McLowe's Depot is having an appliance sale this weekend. They have free
delivery and they'll even cart away your old hunkajunk.

O'Keefe and Merritt went outta bidness in late 1970's or very early
1980's. Electrolux bought the company that bought the factory that made
O'Keefe's in Los Angeles.

O'Keefe and Merritt from the 1960's and earlier are considered vintage
and antique so it may be worth the OP's time to either fix the stove or
sell it to a collector.

I know this because a friend wanted me to help him sell (move) a late
1940's O'Keefe 6 burner blue colour porecelin stove about 6 or 7 years
ago. It was a 6 hour drive to deliver the stove to a bed and breakfast
inn that had a late 1940's decoration theme, and the money he got, paid
for a new stove, fridge, and dishwasher.

Maybe Electrolux is of help for later models...