Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Cupping toward the center.

It was the slab from the log. So the uneven size is from the natural edge ..

On 6/26/2012 9:33 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/25/2012 3:17 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
We are told that wood will cup toward the bark side of a tree.
Yet repeatedly I see it the opposite.

Occasionally I see it toward the bark, but more often toward the center.

Take a look at these pics. They clearly show that it is cupping toward
the center. Damn if I know why MY WOOD follows different rules. :-)

This and others are air drying. Most of this is stickered. Two pieces
that were not were just scrap to me, but clearly show the opposite of
what is the norm.

You, someone has made the piece of wood uneven in thickness. Might get
different results if the wood was uniform thickness from one side to the
other.