Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default BBQ Pit

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:27:07 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I want to build one, but not that big. Mine will be fairly large, however,
and will probably have a metal roof over it. I have been toying with ideas
on how to transfer heat and smoke from firebox to cooking chamber, and have
even thought of a series of sch 40 steel pipes with dampers on them. I
would say mine would have a footprint of about 50 square feet.

Steve

Series of pipes with dampers? Sounds overly complex.

Look at some of the pits here
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm

be sure to check out the details on Dave's pit
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/wdh.htm

This is my favorite
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/beast.htm
Mike put a lot of research into what will work well.