Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC HR-S9600U VHS VCR won't play/wind

"klem kedidelhopper" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 1:59 pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I don't know where the mode switch is, and I'm trying to postpone
removing the transport board.

Another source of belts, well sort of, are O rings. Several years
ago I picked up a large box of different size unused ones from a
transmission shop. Apparently many shops, when they do a "rebuild"
don't bother to rebuild anything more than they have to, and hence the
spare parts. They are all different thicknesses and lengths, and have
come in really handy.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid I don't know anyone in the auto-repair
business.

Another question...

I just tried to unseat the transport board (so I could examine its
"boughtum"). I removed the bracket behind the loading slot, then took out
the two large screws at the back of the board. I expected the board to lift
up and out -- but it didn't. (If this were a "junker", I'd rip into it. But
it isn't, and I won't.)

What am I missing?

PS: I was flabbergasted to see what this and other late-model JVC VHS VCRs
go for on eBay -- two and three times their original price. This is perhaps
not surprising, as the playback quality of this model is amazingly good (for
VHS). The TBC and other processing help quite a bit.