Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

"Bill" wrote in message

I noticed that Menards has this impact driver kit on sale for $229.
Bosch 26618-01 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Impact Drill/Driver Kit

It's practically like getting 2 drills in one.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-26618-01...=2VMX7XEQ4VJA4

It comes with 2 batteries (overkill for me).

Then there is the corded model: Makita 6952.

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-6952-2-...=2VMX7XEQ4VJA4

From what I understand, the only corded impact driver available.

A week ago, I could not even explain why I might want an "impact driver"!

Being the big spender, I came home from Menards with Bosch 24-tooth 7
1/4" "Framing" blade to try out, and the free (after rebate) T-shirt! : )

Now, who was it who is to blame for getting me started learning about
"impact drivers"? : )

Bill

I got the DeWalt twofer with two batteries and a charger, and luxurious
black plastic carrying case for $179, which I thought was a deal. I like it
a lot.

Steve