Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Impact driver Drill/Driver Kits

Sorry Leon, but I don't agree.
My older cordless didn't brake and it did not overdrive nor did my electric.

The biggest advantage of a cordless is just getting the job done without
a cord. Plus the clutch. I set it lower than needed when starting out,
no overdrives or cam outs until I know how hard the wood is for the
screws being driven.

Also the power of my first 18v nearly snapped my wrist off compared with
an electric or my former 12v. For electric to get that powerful you
needed a D handled unit with a side handle also.

Now the drills are just powerful...

The biggest advantage of most cordless drills and impacts over any
corded drill is the electronic brake, release the trigger and the driver
stops, instantly. No over driven screws.