Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default makeshift vice

On 6/3/2012 9:30 AM, sal wrote:
Morning Fellows I have a bit of a problem I don't have a proper work bench
, not enough room in garage, I use a couple of pieces of 3/4" ply on top of
each other over sawhorses. I have a number of 3/4" x 3" oak slats from
outdoor benches to sand . How do I hold them securely to be able to face
sand them with out vice jaws getting in the way.

Got some scrap plywood?

Take an hour and make some of these:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...18946109089298

The can be be clamped to just about any surface, and "stuff" can be
clamped to them ... innumerable uses such as this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...89742883295826

and this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...9262933 19650

Handy, up to the limits of your imagination, guaranteed.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010