Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

"frank1492" wrote in message
This has been used only a few times. Today it wouldn't start.
Followed the instructions carefully and even tried spraying quikstart
into the carburetor. Never fired, not even once.
I'm usually pretty good at diagnosing, but this has me stumped.
Any help you could give would be most appreciated. (Yes, the
compression is fine.)
I did notice that the priming bulb was full and that it didn't
seem to depress well (too much resistance) as though it wasn't pumping
the gas properly, but I may be off on that.
Thank you.
Frank

Read all the advice. I had a similar "don't want to start problem (Ryko).
Called customer service--got an experienced tech. Where the instructions
said "prime the bulb 7 times" he said do it as many as 14 times. If it
don't start then put it in the Run position, hold down the trigger and pull.
That does it every time. One other thing--the way I hold the unit while
trying to start also has a bearing--the inlet line in the tank can be out of
the fuel at times--I make sure that it is submerged when starting. Just a
thought--is it possible that the line in the fuel tank is
blocked/crimped/leaky?
MLD