Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On Friday, June 1, 2012 11:26:25 AM UTC-4, Jim Yanik wrote:
perhaps the ethanol in the gas(E10) has swelled some rubber
part,restricting the fuel feed?

On a NEW unit, not likely. I suppose a "new" unit could be several months to over a year old, but usually new is new, a couple months at most. It takes more than a couple months for the ethanol gas to adversely effect rubber parts.

Maybe some piece of crap left over from the manufacturing/assembly process got wedged in somewhere, but you would need to know something about these units to tear it down and find the obstruction.

It would also require that the trimmer is past the box store's return policy, and the OP has no other option than to fix it himself or send it back to China for warranty repair.

lots of people are experiencing problems in small engines with ethanol in
the gas.

I can say I haven't had a single issue I could attribute to ethanol in the gas, myself. I leave my string trimmer sit full of gas over the winter and it starts on the second pull every time every spring. I have a 35-year-old chainsaw that I leave mix sit in for months at a time. Always runs.