Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default York Affinity series furnace

On Sun, 27 May 2012 08:34:31 -0500, Bill Gill
wrote:

TIA

I have an Affinity 93% furnace. It is a lot better than the 30 year old
one that it replaced. The biggest problem I have with it is that the
blower is noisy. It runs noisy and it is noisy starting up. Starting
up it makes a kind of a squawking noise, then just general blower noise.
I could wish that it was quieter, particularly since the closet is
right next to my bedroom.

Bill

Belt drive? I'd check the tension and maybe put on some belt dressing
to eliminate the startup noise. I'd also check to see if it can run
at a slower speed and still do a proper job for you.