Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Stuart[_5_] Stuart[_5_] is offline

Default Belt for Myford Mystro

In article ,
Norman Billingham wrote:
Myford is back in business, under new ownership but not making new
machines yet - they may be able to supply a manual (www.myford.co.uk)

Yes, when Myford went under, the name and all remaining spares were bought
up by RDG tools; not something a lot of people were particularly pleased
about because RDG were one of the outfits selling cheap chinese copies of
Myford spares, so possibly assisted in their demise.

I believe they are still selling these but set up a separate company, as
linked to by yourself, to sell genuine stuff. I don't think there are any
former Myford employees involved in this and I hope there will be no
"blurring" of the boundaries if stocks of genuine parts become low.

RDG are at http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/

I understand RDG have all the drawings and patterns but all the factory
machinery was auctioned off. Whether Myford lathes will ever be
manufactured is not know though it has been suggested as a long term
possibility

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails