Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default How do welding shade numbers add up? Eclipse viewing.

"mike" wrote in message
I want to look at the eclipse this weekend.
Everybody says a #14 welding shade is good.
I don't have one.

So, how do the numbers stack up when you use 2?
I'm guessing it's not linear, so 7+7 doesn't = 14???

What's the math for stacking welding shades?

Thanks, mike

Sent my wife today for two 4 x 5 shade 14 lenses. They said they were out,
and had sold 14,000 lenses. We are SMACK DAB in the middle of the path here
in Toquerville, Utah. My NexGen only goes up to 13. What's up with that?

Steve