Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Briggs and Stratton Wiring Problem?

Roanin wrote:
When I plug in the wire connector that goes to the Stator on my 16HP John
Deere Sabre Lawn Tractor, the connector gets real hot to the point of
smoking. It appears there is a diode in the wire right after the connector.
this connector has two wires one of which I think is for powering the
headlights, the other has a diode in the line.
If I leave the plug disconnected, the tractor runs and operates , however, I
suspect
the battery will soon go dead. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix it?
Replace the diode?
new stator?

Thanks,

Have you checked to see if the battery is OK? Is the diode still OK?
I would think the diode might be for charging the battery.