Larry Jaques

Default Read the Intro...Ouch!

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:43:13 -0500, "Norman D. Crow"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Um, turn "literal" mode off for a minute, Nahmie. You
missed the fun entirely, suh.

Now Lar, I didn't miss the fun *completely*!

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

I agree that "pee fowl" could
be *very* painful. Knew some guys in the USN that did the "pee foul" a time
or two, but the "penny-cillin" always took care of it.

Ouch.

I will admit to maybe being a little too serious or literal @ times. Too
many years chasing logic problems in large scale systems, and they don't
tolerate much humor in troubleshooting.

True. A buddy of mine told stories about doing late-night PMs for
large systems and a his run-ins with a certain janitor. The guy
would come in and carelessly (and accidentally) dust -switches-
into different positions. My buddy got there before the janitor
one evening and programmed the computer to do some printing and
sheet feeds, then hid in the next room with a switch. When the
janitor came into the computer room and began to dust, IMMEDIATELY
as his duster touched the console, the printer started its routine.
In 6" characters on wide tractor paper, the first sheet read "Alright,
John, you (insert ethnicity of your choice here) *******, I've had
enough of your abuse. You have tickled me with that duster and moved
my switches for the last time." It then started feeding out a hundred
blank pages at full speed, spilling out onto the janitor's feet. He
turned white, ran screaming from the office, and didn't return that
night. My buddy figured that taught him to play more nicely around
computers.

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -