Posted to alt.home.repair
AJL AJL is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:02:05 -0500, "Tamara Lynn"
wrote:

I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the
blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell
controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto
(not on).

I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will
start blowing for a few minutes then stop. Before that, it wouldn't stop at
all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the
garage were on tight. I messed around and it went off. Now it just comes
on occasionally.

My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix.

Thanks!

I had a furnace/AC blower that wouldn't stop blowing. Apparently the
computer board got its electronics scrambled somehow. The fix was to
unplug the furnace and leave it unplugged for several minutes (I used
10 minutes). Then when I plugged it back in all was working well again
and has been now for several months. Kinda like rebooting a crashed
computer I guess...