Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default knotting solution

Hi,

About three years ago I put up some architrave that I know I painted
with knotting solution yet the knots are starting to show through the
paint. What could have gone wrong?

I always coat any knot by brushing on one coat of knotting solution.
Should I apply more than one coat or should I apply it more thickly?

I see Ronseal now make an all-in-one primer, undercoat, and knot
blocker. Has anyone used it? Reading the tin you need two coats, so I
suppose there is little advantage over using one coat of primer and
one coat of undercoat but if the knot-blocking part works, it could be
useful. Has anyone used this?

TIA