Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB[_2_] RonB[_2_] is offline

Default dent repair

On Apr 19, 9:43*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:35:03 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:10*pm, wrote:

Steam them out???

Yep - It takes some care and that is why Mike suggested Googling. *The
process usually involves putting a damp cloth over the dent and VERY
CAREFULLY applying heat with a hot iron (or similar source). *This
forces small amounts of steam into the wood fibers, expanding the
wood. *On finished wood, that hasn't been marred, you might have to
introduce a few small needle pricks to allow the seam past the
finish. *I have pulled dents mostly out of table tops without filling.

Now - I have said too much. *The OP needs to follow the original
suggestion and Google for some YouTube or other direction. *If you
screw up you can stain the wood.

RonB

*I wasn't questioning steaming it out. It was a suggestion - as in
"have you thought to steam it out?"

Oh. Sorry about that. Mike suggested steaming about two responses
down. I misunderstood.

RonB