Posted to rec.woodworking

Default dent repair

wrote:
I want to fix some superficial dents in the rails on a pool table.
Most of these are shallow and did not break the surface (they look
like they came from impact with billiard balls). Any thoughts on
using burn in sticks vs drop filling with lacquer? I assume the
finish is some kind of lacquer.

So - why do you assume some kind of lacquer? It may be, but I'm wondering
why you arrive at that assumption. If it is, my earlier post could work
well for you, as steaming can indeed bring things back. But...

As for "burn in sticks" and/or "drop filling with lacquer" - I would
recommend against any such ideas. You will always see that repair, or they
will always be weak areas.

It's really hard to say without seeing the damaged areas, but my first
attempt (based on your description) would be the steam raising that I
suggested in my previous post.

--

-Mike-