Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] capnjacksparrowsavvy@gmail.com is offline

Default Sony SVO-5800 Jamming (Left Shuttle and Back Tension Arm BlockEach Other)

On Monday, April 16, 2012 4:36:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Meanwhile, I want to take the opportunity to ask the question that's haunting me again: Do you or anyone else know how the back tension arm is supposed to retract on this VCR model or in general? Is it supposed to sit passively and be pushed to the front by the left shuttle, or is power supposed to be applied to move it out of the way first before the shuttle hits it? It's killing me not knowing how this VCR is SUPPOSED to work...

....OR...
Is the back tension arm supposed to be pulled in by the supply reel as it takes up the slack left by the retracting left shuttle...?

If that's the case, everything could potentially be traced back to that left spindle...