Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Watkins Westminster combo from 1964

As this one
http://www.ampaholics.co.uk/watwest%20frnt.jpg
one of the rare 2x10 inch speaker ones.
4 plus 2 valves does not agree with the schematics I've found so far out
there, any pointers?
Not safely in a position to remove the valves yet but only a military CV
number seen so far on one of them, and I suspect most faded to nothing .
If no schematic found will have to try and find the little etched numbers as
no valve chart inside the cab
The owner wants to go out using this again , he bought new in the 60s, 2
repairs in the 70s but I cannot see the cones lasting out, they feel like
tissue paper, despite kept indoors of a house for decades .
Mains cable needs replacing , as does the corroded small electros, I assume
the big one with the (6?)426 datecode will need restuffing/replacing. Ser
no. in the 400s . All the carbon resistors are readable and othewise for its
age looks healthy, even the strange cab screwcaps are present.