Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default the importance of truly clean contacts

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
It may also suggest that cleaning the plug also indirectly cleaned the
jack, which was the culprit all along.
Which may have been what the "smiling b****es" were trying to tell you,
but you wouldn't listen.

I'm supposed to pay attention to people who are trained /not/ to help the
customer? All /they/ told me was "We can't help you -- unless you want to
throw away this phone and buy a new one." I'm supposed to respect that?

Don't blame the victim.

I was fully aware /before/ I went in that the problem could have been with
the charger, the jack, or both. They were unable to provide a substitute
charger, which would have clarified where the problem lay. Whose fault was
that?

But you might have paid attention to the fact that they know the product,
and quite probably know more about the problem than you do.
This is probably not the first time they have experienced this.

I kind of suspect you went in there with an attitude they did not
appreciate, suggesting you know more about this fault than they do, hence
them giving you "the runaround".

Can't say I blame them, if that is indeed the case.

Gareth.