Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
David Eather David Eather is offline

Default NiMH charger recommendations?

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:12:53 +1000, DaveC wrote:

First of all, this is a request for a *recommendation*, not a request for
someone to do Google searches for me.
- - -
I need a charger for AA, AAA, and 9v batteries. Four of the AA or AAA
at a time is OK.

I see very few that support all these batteries (Maha makes a
separate charger for 9v). Of those that do, not all use delta-V
termination (or don't specify).

Of those remaining that qualify, I've not heard of the manufacturers
("Powerlzer"? -- that's not a misspelling), or Chinese no-name ones:

http://www.horizonbattery.com/batter...ype/12-bay-aa-
aaa-9v-battery-charger.html

The Tenergy TN190 is the only one I've seen:

http://www.all-
battery.com/Tenergy_TN190_NiMH_NiCd_Advanced_Universal_Charger _with_LCD_Displa
y-01190.aspx

Does anybody know of such combo chargers? Can recommend one?

Thanks,
Dave

I have this one. Used for a couple of years and it is great. SoShine make
good stuff - the only problem is the crappy name. Only AA and AAA though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshine...k-charger-6152

for another poster:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshine...s-5-pack-13814

AA is a little bit longer than C so it can be a tight fit.

--
We have failed to address the fundamental truth that endless growth is
impossible in a finite world.