Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Boiler Leak - Any Worcester-Bosch Experts Out There Please?

Hi all

Sorting breakfast this morning, I noticed water dripping from the front RH
corner of my W-B 24Ri condensing (not combi so no cold water feed) boiler.
The boiler is 6 years old and has been reliable so far.

This is clear water, almost sure it's not the heating circuit content (due
to no Fernox evident).
So my first thought is condensed water. Removed the lower (underneath)
cover and there was no sign of water around the condensate outlet elbow, or
the canister above it. The water seemed to be coming from quite high up.
I don't mess with boilers, so have called the installers/servicers to have a
look, but would like to know the possible sources and therefore an idea of
repair cost.

Is it possible that driving rain has got into the flue and drained back to
the boiler? The weather has been wild here in East Yorkshire overnight and
this morning.

As the boiler warmed up, the leak stopped so I'm guessing a dodgy joint on
condensate somewhere (but where?) or rain ingress if that's even possible.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Phil