Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in
b.com:

*snip*

I could probably get by with a can of compressed air. I have a small
vacuum cleaner which will do an OK job cleaning. But I need some
compressed air to get everything really clean. I need something
small, quiet and not scary to tool phobic office workers (or wives).
Any suggestions?

I was thinking of the baby compressors that run artist's air brushes.
But did not think they were powerful enough. Maybe even a fireplace
bellows may work. I looked at a small compressor from Harbor Freight
and was assured that it was very noisy. So that won't work. Maybe I
am asking too much, inexpensive, quiet and effective. Any input from
you guys would be appreciated.

I have an air brush compressor, and while it doesn't put out much air it
is quiet and would probably keep the computers clean enough if used on a
regular basis.

If the systems collect that much dust, though, would some sort of filter
be worthwhile? You'd probably have to add another fan or two, but
changing the filter on a regular basis might be easier than lugging a
compressor around.

One more idea... Put a regulator on a compressed air tank. Set it for
something reasonable (20-30 psi?) and pressurize the tank to 90-100 psi.
You can fill the tank in the shop and take it where needed.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.