Posted to rec.woodworking
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

"Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote in message
b.com...
I had a computer go down last week. Turns out that the power supply was
clogged with dust and needed to be replaced. It was probably under powered
too, which added to its demise. Talking to some friends, this has happened
to two more people in the last 3 months. All of them multi monitor
machines running some big apps. Regular computers did not seem to suffer
from the same type of problem.

Snip

Any suggestions?

I was thinking of the baby compressors that run artist's air brushes. But
did not think they were powerful enough. Maybe even a fireplace bellows
may work. I looked at a small compressor from Harbor Freight and was
assured that it was very noisy. So that won't work. Maybe I am asking
too much, inexpensive, quiet and effective. Any input from you guys would
be appreciated.

I hope you take the computer out side to do this, not in the office blowing
all the stuff in the air to be drawn back into other computers. A tank
vacuum works. Put hose on output of tank. Large volume of air but low enough
pressure so as not to cause damage. WW