Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Do Magnatrons wear out?

On Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:48:19 PM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
I have small microwave and it seems the power is getting less and less
as time passes. Do Magnatrons wear out?
Mikek

YES!!! Magnetrons like any type of tube will wear out with use. But, in a microwave oven there are control circuits and the power supply that must also be verified.

I suggest to not work on your own microwave oven. Give it in for a service estimate. There are high voltages and high current involved that are lethal to mess with. A professional microwave oven tech will have the proper test equipment, and service information to make a proper evaluation of the fault.

Jerry G.