Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Main bonding in gas meter box

jgharston wrote:

NT wrote:
The bonding should be done where the service enters the house.

"Where it enters" says to me just immediately before it goes through
the brickwork, ie on the outside of the brickwork. Does it actually
mean "immediately after it enters", ie on the inside of the brick
work? Certainly all the bonding clamps I've ever encountered are
immediately after the service enters - *and* on the consumer side
of any cut-off tap. After all, it's to bond the internal pipework,
not to use the external pipework as a ground.

544.1.2
"connection...As near as practicable to the point of entry...on the
consumers hard metal pipework...before any branch pipework....within
600mm of meter outlet union, or point of entry if meter is external."

So,before any branches, preferably within 600mm of entry for the OP, and
within 600mm if the meter is internal, on the consumer side, not the gas
supply side.