Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Washing machine info ...

On Mar 29, 8:23*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Anyone know of a free site UK-side, that archives service info for domestic
appliances ? My Hotpoint WMA64 washing machine has gone belly up today. Drum
motor doesn't run on wash, rise or spin. Probably just motor brushes, but
the motor is right underneath, and I didn't have time to prat about with it
today. A basic wiring diagram might be handy, if it turns out to be not
directly related to the motor itself

Arfa

I don't know how it is in the UK but over here Hotpoint is made by GE.
Being a former GE employee I've owned many GE appliances and have
always found a small package tucked in somewhere with service
information. This usually includes a schematic as well. Look for a
small envelope of some kind. With the schematic you'll be able to see
the segments on the timer, (hopefully it's a mechanical one) and then
be able to troubleshoot it. Good luck, Lenny