Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Main bonding in gas meter box

On Apr 2, 11:14*pm, "Robin" wrote:
I want to fit a main bonding clamp in an external gas meter box. *The
box doesn't have a cable entry point. *I've read *that in these circs..
one mustn't drill the box but must take the cable up through the hole
for the consumer-side gas pipe. *Is that right please? *If so, does the

The bonding should be done where the service enters the house.
Sometimes in the gas cab isnt the right place.

cable need to be in conduit? *(I think it'll look bloody naff either
way.)

No, not unless I've missed something all this time.

And while I'm here, does the meter box count as "damp conditions" where
I can't use an E14 clamp pl?

Well, it will be damp, so an outdoor one would be best.

NT