Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Washing machine info ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

As it happens, it is the brushes, and it's not too difficult a job to
replace them. Unfortunately, the place that I used to get such items from
locally, has closed its doors, so I have finished up ordering direct from
the Hotpoint online spares centre.

How long do those brushes last? The old induction motorsran for
decades. I pulled the working motor out of my mom's worn out dryer
years ago. It was bought new in '57. I mad a stand for it, and added an
arbor to use it for a grinder. It was still running 50 years after it
was built.