Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Washing machine info ...

"Jamie" t wrote in message
N_Cook wrote:

Arfa Daily wrote in message

Anyone know of a free site UK-side, that archives service info for

domestic

appliances ? My Hotpoint WMA64 washing machine has gone belly up today.

Drum

motor doesn't run on wash, rise or spin. Probably just motor brushes, but
the motor is right underneath, and I didn't have time to prat about with

it

today. A basic wiring diagram might be handy, if it turns out to be not
directly related to the motor itself

Arfa

Beware of jagged metalwork , cover over/ tape down all such with
something,
before working inside it

Oh, those were the one's they laid off. The one's that cleaned up those
issues before assembly. Look at the money they saved!

Not to worry though, I am sure they have it written up some where that
only qualified service centers should work on the appliance, and the
service center has a big disclaimer on the manual indicating to use gloves
while servicing, there by, removing all liability from the maker.

Jamie

As it happens, it is the brushes, and it's not too difficult a job to
replace them. Unfortunately, the place that I used to get such items from
locally, has closed its doors, so I have finished up ordering direct from
the Hotpoint online spares centre.

Arfa