Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default good Digi-Key transaction

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I haven't bought from Digi-Key in a long time. I needed some C&K switches,
and got a pleasant surprise when I ordered.

Digi-Key no longer requires a minimum purchase. And they have eight-ounce
First Class shipment for under $3. Not bad. I ordered Monday, and had the
parts Wednesday.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

I can do better than that. I ordered from Digi-Key some Panasonic sliders
that were needed for a Peavey mixer amp, and which Peavey UK - or anyone
else in the UK for that matter - didn't have in stock. I placed the order
around lunchtime on the one day, and received a confirming email back within
minutes. I also had to declare the end use, because your government is
paranoid about where the items are going to finish up. After returning this,
within a very short time, I received another mail to say that the goods had
shipped. They arrived on my doormat on the afternoon of the following day.

I guess that when the order was placed, it was early morning stateside, and
I was just lucky in the way that my order caught collections and customs and
flights and clearance into the postal system this end, but never-the-less,
how good a service was that ?

Arfa