Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default good Digi-Key transaction

Jon Danniken wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:
I haven't bought from Digi-Key in a long time. I needed some C&K switches,
and got a pleasant surprise when I ordered.

Digi-Key no longer requires a minimum purchase. And they have eight-ounce
First Class shipment for under $3. Not bad. I ordered Monday, and had the
parts Wednesday.

Nice, thanks for the information William. I always ordered from Mouser for
this very reason, now I can consider DK a viable source for small purchases.

On a not entirely unrelated note, I was saddened to see that my local parts
store, NORVAC Electronics, is no longer in business (just an empty building
with "CLOSED" on the door). They were the last electronics store here in
Eugene, and were a reliable source of heat shrink tubing, discreets, NTE
components, and crimping terminals (among many other items). It was nice to
be able to pop down there in the middle of a project when I needed a few
extra items, and they will be missed.

Jon

Their web site says they are still in Eugene, OR. Perhaps they moved?

http://www.norvac.net/

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com