Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Powered USB Hub

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:09:41 -0700, Joel Koltner
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
This is interesting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200698468108

Wow, that is.

I guess there's a lot of those "industrial" keyboards (either ruggedized
or with extra keys or whatever), barcode scanners, etc. that have PS/2
interfaces and aren't going away any time soon? So on new builds it
ends up being easier to stick in a card like that than to pick from the
small number of motherboards that still have PS/2 keyboard/mouse support?

I've seen plenty of PS/2 to USB converters for keyboards and mice, but
for industrial PCs I can see that a PCI card might be a bit more attractive.

There are gender flippers both ways.

The difference with this card is that it goes under the PCI bus and
gets an interrupt assigned to it as in the legacy method and will almost
always underlying OS support, whereas a USB to PS2 device will not get an
interrupt and *has* to also have underlying OS support for an HID device.