Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner[_3_] Joel Koltner[_3_] is offline

Default Powered USB Hub

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
This is interesting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200698468108

Wow, that is.

I guess there's a lot of those "industrial" keyboards (either ruggedized
or with extra keys or whatever), barcode scanners, etc. that have PS/2
interfaces and aren't going away any time soon? So on new builds it
ends up being easier to stick in a card like that than to pick from the
small number of motherboards that still have PS/2 keyboard/mouse support?

I've seen plenty of PS/2 to USB converters for keyboards and mice, but
for industrial PCs I can see that a PCI card might be a bit more attractive.